Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Double Gatefold Slimline Card

 I've been seeing some interesting slimline cards on the internet lately, and one really caught my eye -- a double gatefold slimline card.  Several that I've seen also include one of Karen Burniston's Pivot Panel dies.  I decided to try my hand at making one of them.

I used some of "that paper" from Hobby Lobby along with the Gift Pivot Panel dies to make a birthday card.  The card base is the last of my Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy cardstock.  I made a shadow for my birthday sentiment and scattered some sequins around the two front panels.


When you open the card, you get two pivot panels on the inside, which I decorated with some scraps of patterned paper I had in my stash.


Here are a couple of close-ups of the inside.  As you can see, I also added some Border Blends to the tops and bottoms of the panels.



This was a fun project -- and I'm thinking just the first of more.

No comments: