Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Never Too Early for Christmas Cards

I tend to make Christmas cards all year long, usually winding up with more than I need -- but nothing wrong with that!  Today I have a Christmas card made with the new Karen Burniston Pop 'n Swap die.


The idea for my card popped into my head at 4:00 in the morning.  I've not been sleeping well during my Covid quarantine, and my brain keeps working overtime.

After watching one of Karen Burniston's videos, I wanted to try the "cut down the front" type of card she made.  As you can see, the front of the card is cut down by about 2" so that you can see the angel from the inside of the card.


When you open the card, the angel moves down behind the inside panel and the Nativity scene pops out from behind the panel at the bottom.  The tip of the angel wing does not go completely behind the panel, but I don't sweat the small stuff.



This is such a fun die to work with -- and really pretty easy to construct.   Karen Burniston has videos for each one of her die sets.  Check it out here.

No comments: