Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Designer Challenge -- ICYMI (In Case You Missed It)

For this month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge we are revisiting a previous challenge -- any one of them!  In case you missed it, my card for the November 2019 challenge (Holiday Accordions) was celebrating Christmas.  For my new card, I am celebrating St. Patrick's Day and honoring my Irish ancestors.    Last year I did an Ancestry.com DNA test to see if there was something in my ancestry that I didn't know about.  Guess what!  There were NO surprises -- 42% Ireland/Scotland, 50% England/Wales, 8% other.  Anyway, here's my challenge card, using the Charm Accordion die and some fun Irish-related stamps.


Like my original card, I put a full panel on the front with the accordion following.


I have accumulated quite a few $1 stamps from Michaels; and, aside from the fun leprechaun on the front, all the stamps I used on my card are very inexpensive ones -- which shows that you don't have to spend a ton of money while still have fun creating.

There were no Irish-related charms in this die set, so I chose the stars to hang between the panels.  A closer look at the accordion shows them off.



My original Christmas card for November's "Holiday Accordion" Designer Challenge used a gingerbread man and the Karen Burniston Alphabet dies.  The only Irish word I knew that I could possible spell out on my new card was Eire (the Gaelic word for "Ireland"), so that's why I went in a new direction.  Another change I made was to have the charm panels line up rather than stagger them.


It's always fun to take an old idea and update it.  I hope you try it with one of your cards.  Check out how the rest of the Design Team handled this fun challenge by visiting the Karen Burniston Pop-Up Peeps page on Facebook and visit their blogs if you have the time.

No comments: