Monday, September 3, 2018

Woodland Christmas

Happy Labor Day, everyone!  I'm celebrating by using one of the brand-new dies from the CottageCutz Christmas (Part 2) release, called Merry Christmas w/Deer Family.  The entire release is on sale at 25% off, as part of the CottageCutz Labor Day Sale.  Check it out!

And now, on to my card for today.  Even though there are three layers on this card, it almost looks like a one-layer card.


To start, I cut my cardstock as follows:

White - one piece 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4") and one piece 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Red - one piece 4" x 5 1/4"



Using various Ranger Distress inks (Mowed Lawn, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Red Lipstick, Tumbled Glass) and sponge applicators, I created my background on the smaller white piece of cardstock.  I had cut this piece larger than what I would ultimately need so that I could trim the edges and remove the dark marks along the sides.


I then cut my die-cut images from red (for the sentiment banner) and tan (for the trees and deer).  Prior to cutting the sentiment, I adhered a piece of double-sided adhesive sheet so that it would be easier to attach the sentiment to my card.


Using Ranger Distress Vintage Photo ink and a sponge dauber, I sponged around the edges of the deer and trees (lighter on the trees than on the deer).


After running the trees through my Xyron sticker maker, I constructed my cardbase and began to make my scene.




Once the trees were attached, I ran the deer family through my Xyron sticker maker -- although I had to use the next-size larger one for the buck, who was too large to fit through the 1" sticker maker.


After adding the deer to my scene, my card was completed.


Only one CottageCutz die was used on this card:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmerrychristmaswdeerfamily.aspx

No comments: