Monday, May 28, 2018

Flower Trio

It's my day on the CottageCutz blog, and I'm going back really far for my layout.  I love to look back at old layouts from the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge.  While I'm using the layout as a starting point, I have adjusted it a bit to accommodate my design.  This is Sketch Challenge 27 which was from June of 2005, long before I started doing the challenges.  So it's almost like I'm participating in the original challenge.



As I said previously, I adjusted the sketch by actually eliminating the three individual panels.  This is my card:



To start my card, I cut the pieces from the Stitched Tulip and Daisies die, all from white cardstock.


Using a variety of Copic markers, I colored each piece and assembled my three flowers/pots.


I then cut two shelves from brown cardstock, using the Shelf with Plants die.


I cut an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock and a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of woodgrain patterned paper.



After cutting one of the shelves down to size, I glued the patterned paper onto the white card base and added the two shelves.


After placing small foam pop dots on the back of the three flowers and pots, I added them to the shelves,  . . .


. . . stamped the rustic sentiment, and my card was finished.


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedtulipanddaisies.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedtulipanddaisies.aspx

Be sure to check out The Scrapping Cottage store for the Memorial Day sales - up to 50% off on Select CottageCutz dies and 25% off the brand-new "Just for Guys" release.

1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Absolutely love your take on the sketch - brilliant!