Monday, May 29, 2017

Bluebell Shadows

It's Monday, my day on the CottageCutz blog.  In case you haven't seen them, CottageCutz has a whole new line of Expressions Plus dies.  Be sure to check all 35 of the words in the CottageCutz store.  My card today uses one of them - thanks, as well as a couple of other dies.


To start my card, I cut a panel of heavyweight white cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4".  Then I cut a piece of navy cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and a piece of patterned paper 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".


I learned a little trick on Facebook several weeks ago.  If you are cutting a sentiment die-cut, just run a strip of your cardstock through your Xyron sticker maker . . .


. . . and then cut your sentiment.  It will now have glue on the back of it and be much easier to adhere to your card.


I then cut all the rest of my die-cuts for the card.  I planned to make a shadow for my CottageCutz Springtime Bluebell Flowers, so I cut two of them -- one in pale blue and one in navy.


I took the inner oval from the CottageCutz Oval Doily & Frame die and sponged on some pale blue ink.  This gave a little more dimension to the center section.



Then I was ready to construct my card.  I glued down the doily pieces and adhered the sentiment at the top.  I then glued down the navy bluebells and offset the pale blue ones on top, creating a "shadow" effect.

CottageCutz dies used on this card are:


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzovaldoilyandframe4x6.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringtimebluebellflowerselites.aspx




http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplusthanksphrase.aspx







2 comments:

fusiafscrapping said...

OMG! It's fabulous things!

fusiafscrapping said...

So so gorgeous!! Thank you so much for participating in our 'More than one fold' challenge at Scor-Pal!