Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Scor-Pal More Than One Score -- Winter Fun

It's the first of the month again, and this month's More Than One Score Challenge on the Scor-Pal Blog is Winter Fun.  I live in Florida, and we don't get snow very often; but I decided to make a couple of snowmen for my card -- a Center Step Card -- for which I have written a tutorial.  I have seen several versions of the Center Step Card, vertical and horizontal.  My card today is the horizontal version.






Take a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of card stock and place it longways in your paper cutter.  Come in 1" from the side and start to make a cut from the
1 3/4" mark . . .


 . . . to the 6 3/4" mark.  Repeat on the other side.


Place your card stock longways across the top of the Scor-Pal and score between the cut lines at
1 3/4"  and . . .


 . . . 2 3/4"


At the 4 1/4" mark, score all the way from top to bottom.


Score between the cut lines at 5 3/4" and . . .



. . . 6 3/4".
 Fold your card as shown.  Then you can decorate it any way you'd like.

For my card, I made a background panel, but that is not necessary.  



As you can see on this card, there is no center panel.



This one has a center panel of vellum just for attaching the snowflakes.


Check out the Scor-Pal Blog to see what kind of winter fun the rest of the team is having.

2 comments:

Gail said...

This cards are lovely Lois TFS

kReN said...

Hi, Lois. I like that last card. The outer panels form a nice frame for the center element. Has Scor-Pal discontinued it's challenge?