Thursday, August 27, 2015

CCEE1535 Bow Tie Day

Frances informed the CCEE stampers that tomorrow (August 28) is Bow Tie Day, so she asked us to include some sort of a bow on our cards this week.  It didn't necessarily have to be a bow tie, as long as it was a bow.  I decided to add a bit of whimsy on my card this week.  In order for the tie to tuck under my owl's beak, I cut a second beak and popped it on after I had attached the bow tie.   He's all dressed up in his red plaid bow tie!


Check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see how the rest of the team handled this challenge.

8 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Very clever cutting the beak on this cute owl, Lois!!! He's ready to par-tee!!

Sabrina said...

That bow tie is brilliant, Lois. He looks so smart in it. I thought it was ribbon at first till I clicked on the photo to look at it larger, and I was very impressed at how neatly you had tied it ;-).

kReN said...

How cute and how clever of you! Always like to see what you are up to! kReN.
http://www.networkedblogs.com/blog/a-fourth-life

Lynn McAuley said...

How fun is that!! Your wide-eyed owl looks fabulous with his red bow tie! The popped up beak is perfect, Lois!

StampOwl said...

Fun card ... love the owl and the bow tie you added to it

Liz Williams said...

How snazzy your owl looks in that good looking bow tie!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love a RED bow tie, and the plaid is wonderful. How smart to cut out a separate beak to make this work!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

with that bow tie he looks like a very classy professor.....a wise one