Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Double Challenge

I don't often play the Color Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers, but today's colors lent themselves very nicely to a Christmas card.  I had wanted to do another Fan Club Christmas Card Challenge card, so I used the CC colors of Blushing Bride, Rich Razzelberry, and Mossy Meadow.  Unfortunately, I don't have those exact colors, so I improvised a little bit.


The dessert for the Color Challenge was to use dry embossing on your card.  I inked up the holly embossing folder with some green ink before I ran it through my Cuttlebug.  After I put the poinsettia together and glued it to the card front, I added the pearls for the holly berries.

Stamp:  MFP Stamp Shop Poinsettia Blooms
Ink:  SU Cranberry Crisp, Garden Green; Versafine Crimson Red
Paper:  Recollections Heavyweight White; MFP Stamp Shop Aged Cranberry, Snow Storm Smooth; SU Mellow Moss
Accessories:  Spellbinders Nested Poinsettias, Pearls

2 comments:

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

Breathtaking!

Happyone or South Coast Sheila said...

Love your poinsettia card, it is the prettiest one I have ever seen.
You sure have talent!