Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MFP Blog Hop Day 2 - Oh, Beans



   December Blog Hop! 

This month's New Stamp Set Releases are:

                        Ivy and Blossoms Featured December 18
                                  Oh Beans Featured December 19
                      Recipe Card Starters Featured December 20
                                    Kilt Fun Featured December 21

Please hop along with us! You have a chance to win one of the above stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs (don't forget this one) each day for more chances to win! (You do NOT have to comment on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly!) All four winners will be announced on December 22, 2012, on the Mark's Finest Papers blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. (HINT: The more you comment, the more chances you have to win; and comments on the MFP blog count twice!) The deadline for commenting is 11 PM EST on Friday, December 21, 2012.


Check out the great deals and stamp sets for you this month. 


 The special stamp set we have for you this month is:

" You've Got Style"


Continuing with my Scor-Pal tutorials, I have two more cards for you today.  The first one is a small card, measuring 3" x 4 1/4" (closed).  Scor-Pal calls it an Accordian Fold Card.  Here is the tutorial.  I think it's big enough to enclose a gift card to Starbucks maybe!


The closed card has a small belly band around it to keep it closed.  I added some gold cord and a charm.


Here it is opened.

My second card using today's set is a rather untraditional Christmas card.  The stacked coffee cups are plain -- no pattern.  I just took several images from the MFP Christmas Selections set and, voila, we have instant Christmas cups.


This is a free-standing Pop-Up card.  Here is the tutorial.  I think my daughter would enjoy this card.  She says you can't talk to her until she's had two cups of coffee in the morning!  The "Merry Christmas" is from MFP Winter Scenes.

I hope you've been enjoying the blog hop so far this week.  I'm sure the rest of the team has had fun with this month's sets.  I know I have!  Vicky Gould is next on the list.
Patty P.Lois (that's me), Vicky, Jane C,  Debbie,  Pam,  Pat G,  Thrifty Stamper,  MariLynn,  Karen K,  Bonnie,  Kathy B,  Angela B,  Cathy C,  Toni,  Sue W,  Kelli H,  Janine B,  Tammylee,  Janis L,  An'jenic,  Kate Z,  Marks Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co 

Card 1
Stamps:  MFP Oh Beans
Paper:  MFP Dark Chocolate Bar, Fresh Cream; various SU designer papers
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories:  Gold twine, Charm

Card 2
Stamps: MFP Oh Beans, Christmas Selections, Winter Scenes
Paper:  MFP Cherry Slush, Dark Olive, Fresh Cream
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk
Accessories:  Copic markers; Corner rounder

23 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh awesome to combine Christmas Selections with this set! Fantastic samples Lois.

Janine said...

What a great card - lovely the layered look, the colour and the fact you have made it a Christmas card too.

Vicky Gould said...

Love your acordian fold, Lois. And your idea for the Christmas cups was brilliant. Two wonderful projects!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the trifold card!
bbiswabic@new.rr.com

Marilyn said...

Love your cards. Great colors

mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com

Gail said...

What can I write? Marvelous!! Beautiful! Oh beans coffee beans cards - what lovely creations! Great job on both of these cards!! - I love this stamp set! Enjoy your week and thanks for the hop!
http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/
(utb01) @ (att) dot (net)

Pat said...

Both cards are very pretty. LOvely papers on the first one.

Stampsnob. said...

Card 1 is exquisite.. the second prooject is awesome.....Lis

Jane said...

Two more beautiful fun cards to show how very talented you are Lois. Just lovely.

Brenda Ladd said...

Both these cards are very pretty, I love the free standing pop up card :)

stampingbowd said...

Oh Lois!!!! Both cards are amazing. I really LOVE the holly and poinsettia on the cups!!! Creative Genius! I want to try this idea out!!!

Pam said...

Lovely card! I love the colors and patterns and the card fold!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

More fabulous work!!! I love the cups on the second card and how versatile...love that you made it a Christmas card.

MariLynn said...

Amazing cards Lois. I especially like how you decorated the Christmas cups.

Ravengirl said...

The projects are wonderful! I really like the paper you used on the accordian card, very cafe like colors.

Maria said...

beautiful card

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Both cards are beautiful. I think I am partial to the first card with the belly band - it really is so pretty using brown for the coffee! I love it!!

Winnie and Patty said...

Lois--another day of wonderful cards! I love the accordian fold card, and you're right, it's just perfect for a Starbucks gift card. And the stacked cups with the Christmas Selections stamps is truely an inspiration! Great cards Lois! TFS

Edie said...

Love your color choices and the accordian style.

Kate said...

WOW!! What beautiful creations. Can't pick a favorite.

marg0006 said...

Wow, I just love the z fold card, the rich coffee colors and how you used so many of the stamps together.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Unknown said...

Cool cards. Great projects. Amazing work.

An'Jenic G. said...

BEAUTIFUL CARDS. I LOVE THE FOLDS AND THE POP UP CARD. TFS AJ-