Monday, February 6, 2012

Technique Challenge - Make Your Own Stripes

Today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers was to make your own stripes. What a great way to use up those scrap pieces of cardstock and DP you've saved! As Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I used some red and vanilla cardstock and teamed it up with some pretty rose designer paper, cutting them into 1/8" and 1/2" strips.
I was going to use an image inside my heart diecut, but I decided that it would be much too busy, so I just stamped a sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company's set You Are Cherished. I think this was a much better choice.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - You Are Cherished 
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Mark's Finest Papers - Fresh Cream, Ripened Tomato, Cherry Slush; Authentique Uncommon DP 
Accessories:  Spellbinders Hearts Nestabilities

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

Lois, this is a lovely Valentine! Love how you created your stripes!