Saturday, August 6, 2011

Inspiration Challenge & Dare to Get Dirty

As I've mentioned before, the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoaststampers is my favorite challenge of the week. And, as the annual Dare to Get Dirty challenges were going on this week, I wanted to incorporate both challenges into one card. (As it was, there were 37 challenges in the DTGD event!) I found this canvas artwork on the Inspiration website and thought I could do something with it.



So, this is the card I came up with -- for both the Inspiration challenge AND also one of the DTGD challenges -- to use piercing, suggested by Bev Gerard. My late husband was a huge train enthusiast, and he had a collection of pewter locomotives. That one pictured with my card is a replica of a Japanese Class C-62 locomotive.



Here are some more of my Dare to Get Dirty cards. This one, suggested by Karen B. Barber, was "Marker Layering," but not with Copic markers, which blend so nicely. Karen used Stampin' Up markers, but I used Memento markers.



Suzanne Dean's challenge was a sketch. I used some PTI stamps and papers to create this card.



Betty Wright gave us an interesting challenge -- create a card with products/colors which begin with the first letter of the letters in your name. This is how I went with this one:

L = Labels 21
O = Olive green
I = Indians
S = Sketch Challenge 148

B = Birthday, Brown
A = Arrow
K = Kaleidacolor ink



Holly McMillen gave also gave us a sketch. I love this little ghost from MFP Broom Rides.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

No comments: