Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stampin'B Challenge - Punched Border

The Stampin'B challenge this week was to use a border punch. I really like plaids; and, when I recently saw this EK Success plaid border punch, it spoke to me. And I listened! I thought it would look good on a masculine card, so I used a new set from Mark's Finest Papers called All Aboard and made a definite guy card.



After stamping the image, I colored it with Copic markers and matted it with both red and black cs. It didn't fill up the entire horizontal space, so I added the little panel with railroad tracks. The train station in the stamped image reminds me of a train station near the rural town in Pennsylvania where I grew up! That little pewter locomotive is part of my late husband's train memorabilia.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - All Aboard
Paper: MFP Speedy the Cat Black, Red Hots, Snow Storm Smooth
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, EK Success Plaid border punch

8 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

That plaid is a border punch?? Get out!! I love it, Lois. Great guy card!

Benzi said...

I love that plaid border punch and recently purchased it. It looks super with the train station image. How wonderful to have your late husband's train to display.
Love your card, Lois...I think I'm going t have to get this stamp set...makes great, masculine cards.

pam124 said...

Lois, you knocked my socks off with your StampinB card this week. Not really, cuz it's hot and I'm not wearing socks, but I think you get my point! LOL! Your coloring is amazing, love the railroad tracking and your cute little train for the photo is adorable. WOW!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the track! I love the little engine in your staging!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

It's a punch? WOW! How great it looks in black on the RED bg!! WOW!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I don't think anyone colors this image as well as you do...fabbo

Grandma of 2 said...

Great card Lois!! As your sister I know the station and yes when I saw the stamp set I thought so as well. I think I may have to get this set!

Dawn said...

Hi Lois, this is a really beautiful (or should I say handsome) card. The image is amazing and you've coloured it beautifully. Love the plaid punch too. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Dawn