Friday, August 6, 2010

Garden Pickin' Time at SCS

Today's Free4All challenge on SCS was Garden Pickin' Time -- make a card using things that grow in your garden. I made two cards, one with fruit and one with flowers -- neither of which grow in MY yard. I have a very brown thumb!

My first card was FRUIT.




I took the opportunity also to use a new (to me) Spellbinders die set called Assorted Fresh Fruit. For the image on the diecut, I just colored the flower portion of the smaller pear stamp with a Memento marker and then positioned the die over the flower when I cut it out. I sponged both pears with Tim Holtz Distressed ink -- Scattered Straw and Bundled Sage -- and then colored the flowers using a marker. I like the way the "out-of-the-nestie" pear peeks over the black mat. All materials on this card, including the Spellbinders Shapeabilities, are available at Mark's Finest Papers.

I had to do a second card using FLOWERS.





The flowers and the pot are two separate stamps, so I masked the flowers before stamping the pot. Both are colored with Copic markers. I don't have a lot of luck with CAS cards, so I had to add the little circle with the gardening tools. It felt better to me that way. To balance out that circle, I punched the flowers at the other three corners.

This is another set of salt and pepper shakers from my collection. It's not PEARS, but it is FRUIT!



2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

they are both fabulous.....love the contrast of the first beauty and the CAS quality of the second

Benzi said...

Great cards, Lois! I'm so enjoying these salt and pepper shakers.