Monday, July 19, 2010

Z-Fold Cards

I enjoy doing fun folds, so I have a couple of cards to show you today, using the Z-Fold. It's a pretty easy technique. Cut your cardstock 4 1/4 inches by 11 inches, and score at 2 3/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches.



My first card was made for one of the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges on SCS -- Just Faux You. The challenge was to use ONLY embellishments, ribbon and/or designer paper that you had created yourself. I made my DP from two background images Background Fun and Chicken Scratch, gingham ribbon which is actually paper run through the Cuttlebug using Tim Holtz checkerboard embossing folder and then rubbed with red ink, and two faux eyelets punched from copper paper. All materials, including the Tim Holtz folder, available at Mark's Finest Papers.
------------
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Chicken Scratch, Background Fun and (sentiment) Ladybugs & Carnations
Paper - MFP Ripened Tomato, Desert Sand, Snow Storm Smooth
Ink - Palette Noir Black, Tim Holtz Distressed Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Barn Door
Accessories - Copic Markers, 1/4 & 1/2 inch Circle Punches, Labels Two Nestabilities, White Gel Pen, Sponge Daubers, Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz Checkerboard Embossing Folder






My second card is actually using a set from Mark's Finest Papers that will not be released until next month. I made this card at my sister's, so I don't know the name of the designer papers I used. The image is stamped with Palette Noir Black and sponged with Tim Holtz distressed inks. The "snow" at the tops of the mountains is actually Polar White Flower Soft.
--------------
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Regal & Proud
Ink - Palette Noir Black, Tim Holtz Bundled Sage, Tea Dye, and Tumbled Glass
Paper - SU Garden Green, GP White, DCWV patterned paper
Accessories - Sponge daubers, Flower Soft, Labels Eight Nestabilities dies

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Lois, these are wonderful! Love how you incorporated so many textures and faux backgrounds without losing the focus of the cards...amazing!

I just got the chicken set and am having so much fun with it!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love these z fold cards Lois!! What a treat to look at your fabulous gallery! You ROCK, GF!!