Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #60 - Patriotic Card

In honor of Memorial Day, Vicky Gould wanted us to make a patriotic card for this week's Stampin'Bs challenge. I used Flourishes’ Patriotism on Parade and a DCWV Summer Matstack to create my patriotic card.




My card base is Flourishes Classic White and the matted pieces are SU Real Red. I stamped the little parade silhouette twice across a white strip and then cut it in the center so that I would have all the figures on my cross piece. I didn’t have a flag stamp the right size, so I Googled “American Flag” and found one that would work. After printing it out on white cardstock, I stamped the sentiment below it. I added a little star eyelet on the horizontal strip in the middle, and I was done. Thanks, Vicky – great challenge! If you'd like to play along with the Stampin'B's, we'd love to have you join us!

Stamps - Flourishes Patriotism on Parade
Paper - Flourishes Classic White, SU Real Red, DCWV Summer Matstack DP
Ink - SU Night of Navy, Memento Lady Bug marker

2 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Lois, this is a fabulous card! I love the layout, the images, the flag panel on top. With your permission, I would like to case this to send to my son, who was in the Army for 5 years. TFS this wonderful creation.

Doris said...

It's been a long time since my last visit, and I LOVE all your cards! I'm adding your blog to the sidebar on mine.