Saturday, February 13, 2010

Inspiration Challenge -- Lots of Birds

Anne (itsapassion) filled in for Stef for today's SCS Inspiration Challenge, bringing us a great Etsy website. There were a lot of different birds -- and other things from nature -- from which to choose. I made two cards this morning.

As I was looking through the Etsy store, I came across this Snowy Owl print at 1:00 am and knew immediately what I wanted to do. I stamped Inkadinkadoo's owl in Tempting Turquoise and cut it out with a Labels Nine Nestabilities die, sponging around the edges before removing the die. I didn't want to take away from the owl with too many embellishments, so I just matted in black and added some ribbon.

Stamps: Winter Birds by Inkadinkadoo, Label Accents by Scent With Love
Paper: GP White, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels Nine, Clear ep, Sponge dauber, Ribbon
-----------------
I came back this morning to find something else to use for inspiration. Many of the prints on the site used birds and postcards, so my card was drawn from several of them, Bird No. 32 in particular. I used Copic markers on the bird and the fern, and sponged the butterfly and the postage stamps.



Stamps: RubberStampede Fern Postcard, Mark's Finest Paper's Speedy the Cat's Friends, savvystamps small happy birthday curly
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Cognac, Orangerie
Accessories: Sizzix daisy die, Copic markers, Sponge daubers
---
The Inspiration Challenge is my favorite of the week because there are so many directions to take from the original point.

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

both are feb, but I especially love how you used the die on the first one....very elegant

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow! Love your cards. Both are stunning!

Thank you for sharing.

Happy crafting!

X Julie

Corie said...

Both of these are so beautiful!!

Laura said...

Very Beautiful cards.Love the turqouise and black together.