Friday, August 21, 2009

Stampin'B's Challenge #20 - Chalks

Now that my Mom's birthday party is over and my sister has gone home, I have time to get back to stamping. NancyRuth was the hostess for this week's Stampin'B's Design Team challenge. She wanted us to use chalks on our card.

First, I must say I’m not very proficient with chalks; but I was willing to give it a shot. I stamped the Umbrella Girl from Whiff of Joy stamps on white cardstock and colored her with Stampin’ Up!’s pastel chalks, using a blender pen. The background is done with Pebbles pearlescent chalks, using a small cotton ball. You probably can’t see it well, but all the rain drops have little globs of Crystal Effects to make them shine. IRL it is much more noticeable. The sentiments are from My Favorite Things. The Rose Red and Not Quite Navy cardstock matting finished it off.

NancyRuth, thank you for making me step outside my comfort box with this challenge. That’s what I like about this group of stampers – we make each other work but are supportive all the time!!!

The Whiff of Joy Umbrella Girl can be found at Creative Design Boutique.
----
* Stamps - Umbrella Girl by Whiff of Joy
* Paper - Rose Red, Not Quite Navy, GP White
* Ink - Palette Noir Black, Versafine Black Onyx
* Accessories - SU Pastel Chalks, Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks, Crystal Effects, Clear Embossing Powder

4 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Oh, Lois, she's adorable. What a great job you did with the chalks. I must check out this little cutie on Creative Design Boutique. Wonderful job, GF! Proud to be on a team with you!

Carol L said...

I've never seen or heard of anyone who colored with chalks and a blending pen, so that's something I'm going to have to try one day! It looks gorgeous and not at all like chalk normally does. I love the crystal effects raindrops and sweet image too.
TFS your great family photos - your mom looks much younger than her 90 yrs, and I'm sure she was thrilled to have most of her family there to celebrate such a milestone! Go Mom!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

for someone not comfortable with chalks, you did a dang fine job......wonderful work. Lois

Carol Southern said...

You certainly did very well with chalks, this looks terrific Lois.
I have my Mum and Dad here for the weekend so hopefully I will get the chance to to a card with chalks on Monday.