Friday, July 10, 2009

Two More Challenges

Another day with two challenge cards -- one from today, one from last Tuesday. My first card is my entry in this week's Stampin'B's Design Team Blog challenge. NancyRuth was our hostess, and her challenge was to use only neutrals -- white, grays, black, browns.



Unlike Joanne (jojot), I don’t often stamp in black and white, but this sounded like fun. I stamped the largest flower from Rita Marie and Company’s Violet Garden set twice and colored them with Prismacolor and Copic markers in various shades of gray. One image I cut out and popped up at an angle over the first one. Using a corner punch, I rounded two diagonal corners of the image panel. After getting permission from Salpi Kazezian, the designer of the Rita Marie Violet Garden DP, to copy it on my copy machine in black and white, I used it as the background for my card. The sentiment is from Words to Live By, also by Rita Marie and Company, embossed in black. I added a couple of black eyelets and some black & white ribbon for accent.Both stamp sets and the designer paper can be found here -- http://www.creativescrapboutique.com/

* Stamps - Violet Garden and Words to Live By by Rita Marie and Company
* Paper - Going Gray, Basic Black, GP White, b&w copy of Violet Garden DP by Rita Marie and Company

* Ink - Palette Noir Black, ColorBox Dragonfly Black pigment
* Accessories - Clear ep, Ribbon, Eyelets



This week's Timeless Tuesday on the Flourishes Forum at Splitcoaststampers was to make a card in which you cut out part of the image and pop it up. The top leaf is popped up once, and the lemons are popped up twice. I'm not sure you can see it in the photo, but I embossed the lemons with clear embossing powder. The layout is exactly what I had in mind when I started, but I think I like the final version. After I laid out the two yellow circles, I cut out the overlay portion so that it wouldn't be so bulky.

* Stamps - Life, Love and Lemons by Flourishes
* Paper - GP White, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Basic Grey Lilykate DP
* Ink - Palette Noir Black, So Saffron
* Accessories - Versamark pen and Clear ep, Nestabilities, Copic and Prismacolor markers, Ribbon, Corsage pin, Beads, Gel pen

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

they are both wonderful.....love the double flower in the first and the pop up effect in the second.....you keep making challenge cards and I'll keep checking them out...tfs