Saturday's inspiration website was so full of wonderful stuff. I chose this -- http://www.tracyporter.com/Katsina-R...r-p-17534.html -- because I thought the design on it looked like a butterfly and I loved the colors. I stamped two images of my favorite butterfly stamp, SU's retired Stipple Butterfly, and colored it with Prismacolor and Copic markers. I cut one image out with a Nestabilities die. After going over the second butterfly with a Stardust gel pen to give it a little shimmer, I cut it out totally and popped it up on the first one. It's hard to see on the photo, but I stippled the white circle with River Rock.
* Stamps - Stipple Butterfly and On Your Birthday
* Paper - Really Rust, Always Artichoke, GP White, SU patterned paper
* Ink - Palette Noir Black
* Accessories - Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Sakura Stardust gel pen, Nestabilities
Today's Featured Stamper was another unknown to me. As I was wandering through Diane's gallery I found this card -- http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=70774 -- that caught my eye. I loved all the butterflies on her card, so I kept them all, as well as the layout. What I changed was: different stamp for the large butterfly; smaller stamps instead of DP for the border; different shape for the sentiment; and eliminated the flourish.
* Stamps - Butterfly of Happiness, It's Your Birthday
* Paper - Basic Black, Summer Sun, Very Vanilla
* Ink - Versamagic Black Onyx, Mellow Moss
* Accessories - Nestabilities, Copic and Prismacolor markers, Stipple brush, Sponge dauber
Both of these cards also qualify for the Stampin'B's challenge this week which was to use a butterfly. If you'd like to play along, here's the link -- http://stampinbsdesignteam.blogspot.com/