My card for SCS's Featured Stamper challenge this week is a birthday card for my daughter, a BIG Twilight fan, much like her mother!
I admit I had just started making a card when the Featured Stamper for this week was posted. Congrats to Kelly (a/k/a schirmcat)! So I looked through Kelly's gallery to see if I could find a card that had the feel of what I was going for. Voila, I found one -- her Dream Big Batik. I kept the two palm trees and the oval sentiment. What I changed was:
* A seashore scene rather than what looks like a desert
* The color scheme
* I added a second oval sentiment panel
Those of you who have read Twilight will understand the scene.
* Stamps - Beach Life by Flourishes, Fictionally Inspired by Artful Inkables
* Paper - Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, GP White
* Ink - Palette Noir Black, Night of Navy
* Accessories - Cuttlebug, D'Vine Swirl embossing folder, Prismacolor and Copic markers, Nestabilities
I also made the gift I'm giving my daughter - a charm bracelet, using charm I found on the Artful Inkables site when I was looking at the Twilight-inspired stamps. I have a friend who is much more talented in the jewelry-making department, but I think Kathi will enjoy this bracelet. It has eight charms, all Twilight-related.