Friday, July 3, 2009

Stampin'B's Challenge - Use Metal

Faith’s challenge to use metal on our card this week set me to thinking. Rather than use the first thing that came into my head, which would have been hardware of some kind, I decided to take her literally.

So I used a piece of gold-colored sheet metal I had left from a class I took about a year ago. I ran the metal through my Cuttlebug, using the Bird Call embossing folder. After making a frame using a piece of chipboard, I covered it with Always Artichoke DSP and taped the gold piece behind it. I pierced down the sides of a piece of Very Vanilla and glued it to a Kraft card base. Olivia the Owl was stamped with Palette Burnt Umber ink and colored with Prismacolor and Copic Markers and then glued onto the front of the frame. A few pieces of ribbon and the sentiment cut with my Word Window Punch and I was finished. The sentiment was a little longer than the opening in the punch, so I cut it out fully and then fed it into the under side of the punch to cut each end.

I included a photo of the inside where I used another piece of the Always Artichoke DPS and stamped the end of the sentiment.
Images may be seen at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
* Stamps - Owl Occasions by Sweet 'n Sassy
* Ink - Palette Burnt Umber
* Paper - Kraft, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke DSP
* Accessories - Gold sheet metal, Cuttlebug and Bird Call folder, Prismacolor and Copic markers, Paper piercing tool, Ribbon, Chipboard, Word Window punch

2 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Lois. the metal looks great with the owl image. Great job with the challenge.

Joanne (jojot) said...

Lois....you aced this one.....I love the panel of metal which you CB'd....so creative...so eye catching....what a beauty