Friday, July 17, 2009

Stampin'B's Challenge and More

I love butterflies, so for my stint as hostess of the Stampin'B's Design Team Blog challenge this week, that's just what I challenged the team to do -- put a butterfly on your card. I was looking for a different layout when I came across a website called Page Maps and found a sketch on the June page http://pagemaps.com/jun09cardmaps.htm that looked interesting.

I cut the smaller circles from both designer paper and Pretty in Pink cs with my Nestabilities dies, but the largest one was bigger than the largest die in the set; so I used a Fiskars circle template and a craft knife. I stamped the butterfly from the Rita Marie's Make a Wish set twice, coloring both with Prismacolor and Copic markers. I patted one of them with a Versamark pad and sprinkled it with halographic embossing powder so that it glitters. After gluing all the circles down on a piece of So Saffron cs, I stamped the greeting from the Rita Marie's Words to Live By set. One thing I like about clear stamp sentiments is that you can bend them to different shapes -- in this case, circular. I cut out the second butterfly and mounted it with a couple of glue dots and bent up the wings. I added a few punched out butterflies for accent.

* Stamps - Make a Wish and Words to Live By, both by Rita Marie and Company
* Paper - Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, GP White, DP from Rita Marie and Company
* Ink - Palette Noir Black, Versamark
* Accessories - Prismacolor and Copic markers, Halographic ep, Fiskars circle cutting template, MS punch


I didn't get to play Wednesday's Sketch Challenge, so I combined it with Thursday's Ways to Use It challenge (Seeing Double). I made two stemmed daisies using Rita Marie and Company's Words to Live By. The daisies are colored using Prismacolor and Copic markers, with a "glow" created by sponging some So Saffron around them. I added a few primas for some depth.

* Stamps - Words to Live By from Rita Marie and Company
* Paper - GP White, Perfect Plum, various DP from Rita Marie and Company
* Ink - Palette Noir Black, So Saffron
* Accessories - Prismacolor and Copic markers, Primas, Brads, Sponge dauber
All stamps and DP on both cards can be found at http://www.creativescrapboutique.com/

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful cards! My favorite is the second because I love all the purple.

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are very pretty Lois. great job

Joanne (jojot) said...

Both are beautiful.....especially love the layout of the butterfly card