Monday, July 6, 2009

Stand Up Cards

Today's Technique Lovers Challenge was a Stand-Up card. It was a new fold to me, and I really enjoyed making these cards.

I used Flourishes new set Life, Love and Lemons on my first card. I added a couple of lemon slices down in the corner with some lemon drops. Actually the lemon slices were an after-thought. I had smudged some green ink on the card and needed to hide it. As I've heard my SU upline say, "There is no such thing as a mistake in stamping, just an opportunity to get creative." I put Crystal Effects on the lemon drops to make them stand out a bit.

* Stamps - Live, Love and Lemons by Flourishes
* Paper - Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, GP White, DCWV Citrus DP
* Ink - Palette Noir Black
* Accessories - Prismacolor and Copic markers, Crystal Effects


I had so much fun with my first Stand Up card that I had to do another one. This sweet little fairy is part of Rita Marie and Company's set called Make a Wish. She is colored with Prismacolor and Copic markers and then cut with a Labels Four Nestabilities die. The DP, also from Rita Marie and Company, is from the Cynthia Signature Series. Both stamps and DP can be found at http://www.creativescrapboutique.com/

* Stamps - Make a Wish by Rita Marie and Company
* Paper - Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, GP White, Cynthia Signature Series DP from Rita Marie and Company
* Ink - Palette Noir Black, Pretty in Pink
* Accessories - Prismacolor and Copic markers, Labels Four Nestabilities, Sakura Stardust gel pen, Sponge dauber

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG...they are both fabulous.....you were a busy stamper today.....cool technique

Stacy Morgan said...

both of these are great Lois. The fairy is darling.