Friday, June 5, 2009

Stampin' Bs Challenge #9 - Photos

I am the hostess for this week’s Stampin’Bs DT Challenge. My brother-in-law is an avid photographer, and it was because of some of his photos that I came up with this challenge to use a photograph on our cards. This was such fun that I actually made two cards.

I had to print out several copies of this photo and piece them together to get the scene to the right size. All the stamped images from My Favorite Things’ By The Seashore were colored with Prismacolor or Copic markers and cut out. After coloring a small piece of cardstock using the faux wood technique, I cut out the shape of the dock and assembled my little scene. The sentiment was cut using a label die from Spellbinders and then backed with a piece of ribbon.

* Stamps - By the Seashore from My Favorite Things
* Paper - Georgia Pacific White, More Mustard

* Ink - Palette Noir Black, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa
* Accessories - Photographs, Label Trio, Ribbon, Prismacolor/Copic markers, Silver cord

Bob loves to photograph birds. This lady cardinal is another of his photos. I cropped a much larger shot of her so that she was about the only thing left in the photo. To add a little dimension to the photo, I went over all the branches with some glaze pens. After cutting out a large square in the brown card base with a Nestabilities die, I glued the photo to the inside of the card to line up through the cut-out portion. I then cut a “frame” using two square Nestabilities. The corners are Cuttlebug Vintage Corner dies. As you probably know, cardinals fly in pairs, so I had to have her “mate” close by. He’s actually from Inkadinkadoo’s Bird Assortment, but the sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly’s Little Birdie.

* Stamps – Bird Assortment from Inkadinkadoo
* Paper – Textured Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Ruby Red, Georgia Pacific White
* Ink – Palette Noir Black
* Accessories – Prismacolor/Copic markers, Cuttlebug and Vintage Corners die, Nestabilities, The Stencil Company Glazed Dimensions

This is the inside.

Stamps – On Your Birthday
Paper – Ruby Red, Georgia Pacific White
Ink – Palette Noir Black
Accessories – Photograph, Nestabilities, The Stencil Company Glazed Dimensions

4 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what absolutely wonderful photo cards you have created!

hugs
claudia

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG.....what fabulous creations.....great use of them on all the cards......and the beach one...what fabulous use of repeated images...cool

Carol Southern said...

Wow, genius. I love what you did with both of these cards.

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful card! I love cardinals...great photography