Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday

It's time again for Timeless Tuesday on the Flourishes Blog. This week the challenge was to use designer paper on our cards.

As soon as I read the rules, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I chose to stamp directly on the DP and cut out the large rose, three leaves, and rosebud; and then cut them out. Because I was using the DP, I didn't want to take away from it with the card layout, so I just used a simple sketch, white background with a little bit of gold accents. The Martha Stewart border across the middle with a stripe of the same DP seemed enough, although I added two ornamental corner stickers to balance out the large rose image.

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

classy....love the simplicity of the design but the 'pop' of the image

Carol Southern said...

Looks terrific, a great way to do the rose.

Connie M. said...

This is so beautiful, Lois!! Love your paper pieced rose!