Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stampin'B's Challenge #43

Faith wanted us to include a butterfly, a flower, and a die-cut in our card this week. I may have gone a little overboard – I have a butterfly, three flowers and four die-cuts. Actually, there are two butterflies because the punched-out one is covering a stamped one.

I love the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis shapabilities – so much that I used it twice. The image, from Mark’s Finest Papers Presents: Serenity Collection, was stamped and then cut out using a circle nestie, matted in black. The punched-out butterfly looked a little plain, so I added a couple of small pearls. I had originally used a punch to create the flowers but I didn’t like the way it looked, so I used the Primas instead. As you can see, I used Joanne’s (jojot) favorite color combination.

Stamp (main image), cardstock, and Spellbinders are all available at Mark's Finest Papers.

Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Presents: Serenity Collection, SU So Many Sayings
Paper - MFP Ripened Tomato, Snow Storm White, Speedy the Cat Black
Ink - Palette Noir Black and Moulin Rouge
Accessories - Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Shapabilities and Circle Nestabilities, Primas, Brads, Word Window Punch, Sponge dauber, MS butterfly punch, Pearls

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

So classy, very clean and oh I love the colors Lois.

Joanne (jojot) said...

nver thought to use that pendant in two colors....so dramatic and beauteous

Carol Southern said...

Love this and it's not overdone. Bright, vibrant colours that look fantastic done like this.