Saturday, January 16, 2010

Inspiration Challenge and a new Technique

Stef's choice for the Inspiration Challenge this week was a winner! After looking through several of the sections, I honed in on this set of botanical prints -- choosing only three for my card. All coloring is done with markers, with some sponging around the edges of the "frames" with Creamy Caramel. The stamps came from various SU and other sets -- Both Way Blossoms, Butterfly of Happiness, and others. The dragonfly is actually only one part of a collage by Inkadinkadoo.

-----------------

After watching Sherry Cheever's (BadSherry) tutorial during the Spellbinders Surprise Party, I just had to try that technique.

I Googled "vintage easter" to find a picture I could use for this card. Using five of the six Labels Four dies, I cut out pieces of the downloaded picture -- stacking them up using big pop dots. The DP is from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses DP pad. I added some ribbon and a cross charm. Thanks so much, Sherry, for a great technique. It was not as difficult as I had anticipated, and I do believe this will not be the only card I make using it!

4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

These are both wonderful Lois, but that second one is GORGEOUS....

Joanne (jojot) said...

the new technique is stunning.....an your botanicals are warm and luscious

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Fab cards! Your take on the challenge is beautiful!

Carol Southern said...

Both of these are beautiful cards. I did see that tutorial too but not attempted it. Yours is very lovely.