Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stampin'B's Challenge #41 - Winter Fun

If this Stampin’B’s challenge had been posted a few days ago, my card could have been appropriate even for us Florida folks! It was COLD!!! There even were reports of snow flurries!!! Nicole asked us to make a card showing winter fun (skating, sledding, skiing). I chose sledding.

I love these little Penny Black hedgehogs. After stamping them with Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossing, I colored them with Copic markers and cut them out with the octagonal nesties, which are fast becoming a favorite of mine. As I didn’t want this card necessarily to be a Christmas card, you will note that their hats are not red. I added some Polar White Flower Soft for the fur on their hats and snow under the toboggan. To accent the snowflakes on the DCWV background paper, I punched out some snowflakes and attached them with brads. I certainly hope we don’t have any more of the frigid weather we experienced over the past several weeks. That’s not why I moved to Florida! But the hedgies sure look like they’re enjoying it!
-------
Stamps - Christmas Critters by Penny Black, Flourishes Sleigh Ride
Paper - Bashful Blue, Basic Black, GP White, DCWV Holiday Collection
Ink - Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories - Copic markers, Octagonal nesties, Flower Soft, Snowflake punch, Brad, Sponge dauber

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very precious and sweet...they look like they are having such wonderful innocent fun...tfs