Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vicky Gould was hostess for the Stampin'B's DT Challenge Blog this week. Her challenge of a Clear Envelope Brag Book really made me think. I had never done one of these before, so I had to look up the directions in the Resource section of SCS.

The cover wasn’t hard. I stamped the image and colored it with Copic markers. After matting it with the green, I tied a ribbon around it. I followed the tutorial and made the cover. The sentiment is a rub-on from 7 Gypsies, available at Mark’s Finest Papers.

It was then that I realized I didn’t have any clear envelopes. So I decided to save the packaging from several clear stamps and use the clear outside envelopes for the inside of my Brag Book. They were just a little long so I had to cut them down a bit, but they worked. I am going to give this to my mom. The photos inside were taken at her 90th birthday.


The first photo is my grandson Deylan, my niece Laura, and my son Scott, who drove down from Alabama for the party. The other photo is my niece's daughter-in-law Tamra, Laura's son Cory, Laura's husband Lloyd, Deylan again, and my son Doug's stepson Robby. My 89-year old uncle (my mom's brother) drove up from Naples, which was a surprise. We had a total of 20 people (four generations) in the library of the assisted living facility where my mom lives for the party.

Stamps - SU Spring Song
Paper - Old Olive, Bashful Blue, GP White
Ink - Palette Noir Black
Accessories - Copic markers, Ribbon, Rub on, Clear envelopes, Brads

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a wonderful design and such a lovely presentation of pics for a gift....fab work

Vicky Gould said...

Fabulous job, Lois. Your mom will treasure this book. Beautiful colors and weren't you clever with the envies!!!