Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Timeless Tuesday Anniversary

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday is celebrating its first anniversary with six different challenges -- remakes of previous challenges. I'm going to try to do all six challenges, and here are my first two cards.

Maki Jones wanted us to make a card using our favorite Flourishes set. I actually chose two for this card -- Gerbera Daisies and Sweet Violets. I stamped the daisies with Palette Noir Black and colored them with Copic markers. After cutting out the piece with a Mega Curved Rectangle nestie, I sponged around the edge with Palette Cognac before removing the die. I like how this gives the illusion of another layer without adding the weight. The background DP is from Basic Grey's Sugared paper pack.


Silke Ledlow was the hostess for the second challenge -- to make a card using pink as the main color.

Pink is not necessarily my "go-to" color, but I figured Valentine's Day would be a good place to use pink. I stamped and embossed the Lace Heart in silver, then cut three more hearts using my Nestabilities Heart dies. The background piece is Flourishes Damask stamped with Versamark. The sentiment is from a Scent With Love set called Label Accents. I liked the wider white "frame."

Okay, I have two of the challenges done -- four more to go!

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

these are both gorgeous....I especially love the second card....I struggle with hearts so I really appreciate a well done 'heart' card

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Wow! These are beautiful!

Carol L said...

These are two beautiful cards Lois! What you do with those daisies is amazing!! Great cards for these challenges!

Betty Wright said...

GASP! Both of these are just stunning, Lois! Gorgeous designs and detailing! Really love that doubled scalloped layered Flourished heart design! Beautifully done!