Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #46 - Split Negative

Vicky Gould was the hostess this week for the Stampin'B's DT Challenge. She wanted us to do a Split Negative card, which I love doing. It’s one of my favorite techniques, but I must admit I don’t do it too often.

I used Flourishes’ Lace Heart stamped on both red and white, cutting out the hearts with the Nestabilities Heart die, and then cutting each one in half. I matched up the opposite sides, taped them together on the back, and layered three times. After putting the hearts on the background paper, it looked a little stark, so I added the doodling around the edge with a white gel pen and a red glitter pen. I figure I could use this as either a Valentine or an Anniversary card, so I used a generic sentiment. Then I added the pearls, rhinestones and ribbon.

Thanks for a great challenge, Vicky!

Stamps: Flourishes Lace Heart, SU Cute Converse
Paper: GP White, SU Real Red
Ink: SU Whisper White, ColorBox Cranberry pigment
Accessories: Nestabilities hearts, Ribbon, White gel pen, Spica glitter pen, Half-pearls

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

Lois....what a fab idea...loving the red and white (of course)....hmmmm...may have to remember this for next V'day

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful! Nice layers of color and the split negative with red and white is gorgeous. Your swirl border adds such a nice touch.

Corie said...

WOW -- this is stunning!!

Michelle said...

Hi there Lois, OMG!!! this is just stunning. The stamp, your color choices... jaw dropping gorgeous