Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #46 - Split Negative

Vicky Gould was the hostess this week for the Stampin'B's DT Challenge. She wanted us to do a Split Negative card, which I love doing. It’s one of my favorite techniques, but I must admit I don’t do it too often.

I used Flourishes’ Lace Heart stamped on both red and white, cutting out the hearts with the Nestabilities Heart die, and then cutting each one in half. I matched up the opposite sides, taped them together on the back, and layered three times. After putting the hearts on the background paper, it looked a little stark, so I added the doodling around the edge with a white gel pen and a red glitter pen. I figure I could use this as either a Valentine or an Anniversary card, so I used a generic sentiment. Then I added the pearls, rhinestones and ribbon.

Thanks for a great challenge, Vicky!

Stamps: Flourishes Lace Heart, SU Cute Converse
Paper: GP White, SU Real Red
Ink: SU Whisper White, ColorBox Cranberry pigment
Accessories: Nestabilities hearts, Ribbon, White gel pen, Spica glitter pen, Half-pearls

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

Lois....what a fab idea...loving the red and white (of course)....hmmmm...may have to remember this for next V'day

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

Beautiful! Nice layers of color and the split negative with red and white is gorgeous. Your swirl border adds such a nice touch.

Corie said...

WOW -- this is stunning!!

Michelle said...

Hi there Lois, OMG!!! this is just stunning. The stamp, your color choices... jaw dropping gorgeous