Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stampin'B's Challenge #47

Vicki Ducher is the newest member of the Stampin'Bs, and her first challenge really made me think. It was a color challenge -- Brown, Kraft, and Purple -- not my best color combination. But I dove right in!

I finally decided the lilies would look good in purple; so after stamping them in brown, I sponged on two shades of plum and cut them out. My 4 ¾ inch square card base is Deepest Mahogany, the “kraft” layer is Desert Sand, and the DP is from a Basic Grey Wisteria paper pad. I made the kraft layer a little wider so that I could add the doodles around the edge. Both the lilies and the sentiment are from the Spring and Easter 2010 set from Mark’s Finest Papers: Speedy the Cat Collection. I added a big jeweled brad to the brass leaves for some interest in the corner.

All supplies (except the plum inks) are available at Mark’s Finest Papers.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers: Speedy the Cat Collection - Spring and Easter 2010
Paper: Mark's Finest Papers Deepest Mahogany and Desert Sand; Basic Grey Wisteria DP
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, SU Pale Plum and Perfect Plum
Accessories: Clear ep, Jeweled Brad, Brass Leaves, Marker, Sponge Daubers

3 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Well, when you dove in, you came up a gold metal winner. This is outstanding - just gorgeous!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, dearie....you did a fabulous job even if you were working out of your color comfort zone....

Vicki Dutcher said...

I totally understand not being "sure" - but you rocked it out! Those flowers are gorgeous!!