Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #44 - Wiper Card

Tomorrow is my niece and her husband’s wedding anniversary, so I used today’s Stampin’B challenge to make an anniversary card for them. NancyRuth wanted us to make a wiper card – which I’ve done only once before -- so I had to look up the SCS tutorial to refresh my memory.

I think this little House Mouse stamp is so very cute and perfect for an anniversary. You can’t really get a whole lot on a wiper card, so I just used a Flourishes’ rose, stamped off once, to balance out the HM image and stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment over top of the rose. I found an appropriate small sentiment to put on the wiper part in a set of Scent with Love Label Accents stamps. The flourish down the side is from Inkadinkadoo. Fortunately, I had bought this Martha Stewart heart border punch not too long ago.

NancyRuth, you stretched my designing skills, but I think the card turned out okay. Thanks for the push!

Stamps - HM Wreath Love by Stampabilities, I Love Roses and Flourished Words by Flourishes, Fancy Accents by Scent With Love, Ornate Flourish by Inkadinkadoo
Paper - SU Ruby Red, GP White
Ink - Palette Noir Black and Moulin Rouge
Accessories - Copic markers, MS border punch, Paper piercer, Sponge dauber

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

love how you used the heart border on this card...really makes a fab frame for the rest of your images.....love the RED too