Monday, September 10, 2018

We Three Kings

I like to make Christmas cards all year long -- even when it's 90 degrees + outside.  And CottageCutz has made it very convenient.  Their Christmas release (parts 1 and 2) are both currently on sale at 25% off in the store.

One of my favorite Christmas carols is We Three Kings.  That's what inspired my card for today.



I found a website that provided free printable Christmas carol lyrics.   I printed the song sheet for We Three Kings that I wanted to use for the background of my card.


It printed out at 3 1/4" x 5 1/8"; so when I cut my cardstock, I cut the black piece 3 1/2" x 5 3/8" to give just a little frame around the song sheet.  The white base is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".


After cutting the song sheet down, I mounted it on the black piece of cardstock and set it aside.


I wanted to try the technique Inlaid Die-cuts for my ornament, so I cut the various sections of the ornament die in black, tan, blue, gray, and yellow.


I laid the black ornament piece onto some white scrap paper and drew around the edge.



After cutting out the shape just inside the line, I ran the paper through my Xyron sticker maker so that the adhesive would be on the front side.


After carefully placing the black ornament on the paper, I started to fill in the spaces with the colored pieces . . .


. . . until it was completely filled.


To attach the ornament to my card, I threaded a piece of black twine through the hole at the top and taped it at the top to the back of the sheet music panel, placing some foam pop dots behind the ornament -- and gluing the music panel to the white card base.


I then pulled the twine tight and adhered the ornament to the front of the card.  And my card was completed.


The CottageCutz die used on this card is:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwisemenornamentelites.aspx

No comments: