Thursday, June 24, 2010

StampinB & Summer Fun

NancyRuthwas the Stampin'B's hostess this week, and her summer challenge was right on time – it is definitely summer here in Florida. It was almost 100 degrees the other day. Florida and the ocean go hand-in-hand (despite the oil spill), so I chose sailing as my summertime activity.



I stamped the sailboat from SU's Winds of Grace set and then masked it so I could then stamp the waves and sponge in the water. I added some white with a gel pen on the waves to look like breakers. After I stamped the birds, I noticed that I had a smear where I neglected to clean off the edge. NancyRuth’s solution to a smudge is to add a flower, but that wouldn’t work here – so I added the sentiment instead! To keep this CAS card uncluttered, I merely punched two holes with my Crop-A-Dial and set some eyelets; then I ran some blue twine through the holes and tied a bow.

Stamps - SU Winds of Grace, sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers' Tropical Vacation
Paper - Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm Smooth and Bang Up Blue
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Reflection Blue and Ballet Blue
Accessories - Copic markers, Sponge daubers, Eyelets, Twine, Word Window punch, torn paper for the cloud template, Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities

3 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love sailboats...quite an admission from a person who is afraid of water!! My Unclke has always had a boat, and this makes me think of him!! WOnderful card, Lois!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a real summertime beauty..love your water

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome masculine card!