Saturday, June 26, 2010

Inspiration Challenge & Speedy's Friends

Once again, Smilin' Stef picked a great site for the Inspiration Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. The Bicycle Muse has all kinds of accessories for bikes and bike lovers. Too bad I don't own a bicycle. I never learned how to ride a bike as a kid (imagine that); my late husband taught me to ride.

Anyway, I picked one of the colorful bags as my inspiration -- Kitsch Kitchen Pannier - Floral. I thought the bright colors and pattern looked so pretty. This is my result.




In the front yard of a previous house in which I lived was a variegated camellia, which I loved. You must understand that I definitely have no green thumb, and I did absolutely nothing to this plant. But, despite my lack of attention, it bloomed each and every year.

Speedy the Cat's Friends' challenge was to use three flowers on your card. So, after cutting out and using the center piece of the Spellbinders frame, I stamped two camellias, coloring them with Copic markers and sponging the background randomly. I stamped the third one on a piece of scrap paper and cut it out. Then I cut another frame from MFP Spring Leaf cs and taped the flowered piece into the center. The third flower I popped up to give some depth. Those Cuttlebug leaves are probably not camellia leaves, but they looked pretty close.

All the materials on this card are available at Mark's Finest Papers.

Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - Apples and Camellia
Ink - Palette Moulin Rouge, Jardin Moss, and Raw Sienna
Paper - MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Spring Leaf; Basic Grey Lemonade
Accessories - Spellbinders Classic Frame, Copic markers, Brads, Sponge daubers, Pop dots

8 comments:

Claudine Poch said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I like how you framed the flowers. Thanks for joining us again at Speedy's Friends.

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Lois, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dawnmercedes said...

what a great frame!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent use of the framework! Thanks for supporting our little challenge at Speedy the Cat's Friends Blog Challenge!!

Joanne Travis said...

So gorgeous, Lois!

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty Lois, great framing and I like the flower image.

Liz Williams said...

I've never seen a varigated camellia before. I'll bet it is gorgeous just like the ones your did for this challenge. Thanks for your support of Speedy's Friends' Challenge.

Julia Aston said...

Oh Lois! your framed flowers look wonderful!