Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Graduation 2010

About a week ago, I made a graduation card for my grandson. One of the women in my office saw it and asked if I would make a similar one for her son, who is also graduating this year.


.
The card on the left is for my grandson, who graduates next week. His school colors are blue and silver, and their nickname is The Silver Hawks. I went onto the school's website and found a drawing of a silver hawk just the right size. The repeating school name and "Class of 2010" were computer-generated.
.
My friend's son's school nickname is The Warriors. I had to scramble to get that logo because 1) I couldn't find the warrior without words around it; and 2) it was way too big. A little bit of computer magic and some white-out, and I was successful.
.
The mortarboards are actually the envelopes. The orange tassel was originally a yellow bookmark tassel, which I colored with an orange marker. The silver one is silver cord wrapped several times around a CD case and cut.

3 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Great grad cards, Lois. Love what you did with the envelopes!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wonderfully personal

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Lois, these cards are so wonderful..the fact that you made them to suit the boys is fabulous!! And I know it wasn't as easy as you made it sound!! Great job!!