Sunday, June 6, 2010

Featured Stamper -- Pleated Ribbon

Today's Featured Stamper on SCS was Nikki Schmaltz. Her gallery was new to me, but I certainly enjoyed looking through it. I found a card she made back in November of last year that I decided to CASE -- Plum Flourished.

My version has the same layout and feel, but I changed the colors -- and a few other things. I liked the rounded corners, so I kept them.






In place of the stamped flourishes, I used some Reflections rhinestone flourishes I found at Michaels the last time I was there. This week's Crazy4Challenges cards were to include pleats. I've not done that before -- mainly because I really didn't like the look of the staples or stitching which is usually used to keep the pleats in place. I found that, if you use LOTS of Scor-Tape, you can get the pleats to stay -- without the distraction that the staples or stitching usually causes. I had just enough of this pretty ribbon left from Mark's Finest Papers Premium Paper Craft Pack -- I've Got the Blues . . . and Greens for the pleated ribbon and little tab. The rose, which is colored with Faber-Castell pencils and Gamsol, is from Mark's Finest Papers set called Spring Roses and the sentiment is from MFP Ladybugs and Carnation.

Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - Spring Roses, Ladybugs and Carnation
Paper - SU Taken With Teal, Shimmer White
Ink - Palette Raw Sienna, SU Taken With Teal
Accessories - MS lace border punch, Reflections rhinestone flourish, Faber-Castell pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon

3 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautifully done, Lois!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...what a beauty.....thanks for playing with the Crazies this week.....and wow do I ever love that flourish

Liz Williams said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Lois. What a beautiful job of coloring the rose.