Sunday, August 9, 2009

Featured Stamper

Today's Featured Stamper on SCS is one of my favorite stampers -- Sleepyinseattle, whose real first name is Joanne. I've admired her work for a long, long time.


It was difficult to pick only one card to CASE, but I finally chose this card, which she called Pictures. I kept her colors and sketch, although I did make the center square into a rectangle. The other things I changed were: made a long card, added a ribbon and brad, and used different stamps.

I stamped the images with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed with clear embossing powder, then colored them with Prismacolor and Copic markers. I had to make the center "square" a "rectangle" to enable me to use those koi fish. I added the velvet ribbon and used a glue dot to place the fancy brad on the knot.


Congrats to you, Joanne. You deserve the honor!

* Stamps – Waterlily by Flourishes
* Paper – PaperTreyInk white, Crafters Companion Pearlescent Yellow
* Ink – Versafine Black Onyx
* Accessories – Prismacolor and Copic markers, Velvet ribbon, Brad

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

a beauty by the Queen of Flourishes.....wonderful coloring, Lois....love the layout too

ButterflyEars said...

Lois, this is one awesome card. I love the images of the koi fish and the water lilies. You did fantastic on the coloring.
Nicole