Friday, February 1, 2019

A Good Day to Celebrate

Masculine cards are not always the easiest ones to create; but, if the man or boy has a particular interest, it's much easier to create something personal.  The card I have today is one that I'm sure would appeal to a sci-fi lover!  I used the Kindred Stamps set called The Next Space Explorers as well as one of their stencils.



As you can see the background was made by sponging several different distress inks onto light blue cardstock -- using the Swirl stencil.  After sponging on all the colors, I cut the panel down to 4" x 5 1/4" -- to layer onto an A2 card base.


I stamped the Next Space Explorers captain onto a piece of white cardstock and colored him with Copic markers.   The image itself did not have an emblem, so I improvised and drew a small emblem with a white gel pen.


After fussy-cutting out the captain, I adhered him to the center of the swirly background, stamped the sentiment, and added a die-cut "Happy Birthday" greeting at the top -- then glued the panel to the navy blue card base.  I think any space nerd would enjoy getting this card.


No comments: