Monday, December 31, 2018

Thank You So Much!

Here it is -- the last day of 2018!  Before I share my card with you, I must tell you that this is my last card for the CottageCutz design team.  I have so enjoyed these last several years on this team and working with some very talented people.  My card today is two-fold.  First, of course, it is my weekly post; but secondly (and maybe most importantly) is to say thank you to Joanne and Mary for their support.  And now, my card!

After Christmas we all have a need for Thank You cards, and that's what I have for you today.  I used a really cute CottageCutz die -- Hugging Penguins.



I started my card by cutting the die pieces from white cardstock.


Using the packaging for inspiration, I colored the pieces with my Copic markers and constructed the penguins.


I then cut the pieces for my card base:

White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half
Red - using the largest die in the Cross-Stitched Rectangle Set
Cream - using the 2nd largest die in the Cross-Stitched Rectangle Set


After shading a line for placement of the die-cuts on the cream panel, I constructed my card base.  This shaded line will "anchor" the penguins.


I cut the "thank you" sentiment from a scrap of adhesive-backed black cardstock.



I then added the die-cuts to my card, and it was finished.


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhuggingpenguins.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcross-stitchedrectanglesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsthankyou.aspx

Once again, thanks to everyone with whom I have worked during my tenure on this remarkable design team!

No comments: