Monday, December 10, 2018

Quick Christmas Card

Sometimes you need a really quick Christmas card in a hurry.  That's what I have for you today.  I think it took me all of about 25 minutes to make.  For me that's pretty quick!  I have a friend who just loves cats.  Even though she has only one at the moment, she refers to herself as that "crazy cat lady."  I think she would like my card.



To start, I cut Miss Kitty from the CottageCutz new Pets release from white card stock.


In addition to Miss Kitty, I cut just the holly leaves and berries from Dakota the Husky, replacing the flower on her hat with the holly leaves.  I then colored all the pieces and constructed my cat.  I wanted the paws to stick out a bit, so I ran a stylus around the back of them and stuck tiny foam pop dots on the back.  I think you can see the dimension.


To reduce a little time, I used a pre-cut card base and then cut a piece of Christmas plaid paper 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" and die-cut the Merry Christmas from a pre-glued scrap of red card stock, which I had previously run through my Xyron sticker maker.



I just glued the plaid paper across the card, added some foam pop dots to Miss Kitty to pop her up, and adhered the sentiment.  I was done -- 25 minutes, start to finish!


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmisskitty.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdakotathehuskyexclusive.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmerrychristmaselites.aspx

No comments: