Monday, December 24, 2018

All Is Calm

Happy Christmas Eve!  I hope you have all your Christmas shopping, wrapping, baking, and card-making finished.  If not, I have one last, rather quick and simple Christmas card to share with you today.   I love the way silhouettes look on a card.  This one was made with a not-so-new silhouette die from CottageCutz called Away in a Manger.



To start my card I cut the silhouette from black cardstock.


And then I cut my cardstock as follows:

White - 8 1/8" x 5 1/2", 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Black - 4 x 5 1/4"


I cut the smaller white piece larger than I will eventually need; but, because I am going to sponge the background, I made it slightly larger to allow for trimming after I've finished my sponging.   Then, using four different distress inks, I sponged my background.


I then trimmed the piece down on all four sides to 3 3/4" x 5".  What this does is eliminate the darker color around the edges where the sponge initially hit the cardstock.  And then I constructed my card base.


After gluing down the silhouette at the bottom, I stamped the sentiment in the upper left-hand corner, and my card was finished.


As promised at the beginning of this post, this card went together quite quickly.  The CottageCutz die I used on it is:


No comments: