Thursday, November 1, 2018

Scor-Pal November Challenge -- Special Birthdays

The Scor-Pal team is celebrating those special birthdays in our lives.  I decided to look back at a special birthday in my life -- my 50th -- by creating an explosion box.    There are many tutorials on-line for this box.  Here is a simple one for those who have never made one before.


My box had several layers on the sides, as you can see on this photo.  One of the tutorials I saw used a 15" x 15" piece of cardstock for the first (outer) layer.  I didn't have any paper that size, so I cut my box down a few inches and used a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock for the first layer, reducing each layer by 1 1/2", so that the inner (third) layer was 9" x 9".


I used Our Daily Bread Designs large number dies for the 50.


You can see the opened gatefold "card" in this photo with its birthday wishes.

I hope you liked my Special Birthday project.  I will save it for someone I know who is having a 50th birthday soon.

2 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Outstanding!!!

fusiafscrapping said...

Amazing! As always you have provided fantastic sample for inspiration.
Lots of love from Isia xx