Monday, October 9, 2017

Refrigerator Magnets

Today I have a different type of project for you.  I used a couple of the new CottageCutz bird die/stamp combos to make some refrigerator magnets.  They were really simple and quite fun using the stamps, dies, and my Xyron sticker maker -- with the laminating/magnet cartridge.


First I stamped the images onto 110# white cardstock.  I thought the heavier cardstock would be more sturdy in the final project.


Then, closely following the photos on the packaging, I colored both birds with my Copic markers.


I cut them out using the dies included with the set.


I had bought the laminating/magnet cartridge for my Xyron 510 sticker maker some time ago and just recently pulled it out for another project.    I inserted my die-cut bird images into the machine . . .


. . . cranked the handle, and out they came.


I fussy cut them with small scissors, leaving a narrow border of magnet material showing.



And my project was complete.


I just wanted to show that you can do more with these stamps and dies than just make a fun card.  I hope you give this a try!

CottageCutz products used on my refrigerator magnets are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzoriolewblossomsstampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbluejayandappleblossomstampanddie.aspx





No comments: