Monday, October 23, 2017

Christmas Tag Cards

For today's CottageCutz blog, I have created a project made with one of the new Christmas dies -- Christmas Tags.  BUT . . . instead of using the tags as they were intended, I thought it would be fun to make three small square cards with them.



First I cut the cardstock and patterned paper.  The card bases are 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", scored in half; and the patterned paper layers are 4" square.


I scored the cardstock in half and adhered the patterned paper to each one.


Then I cut the pieces using the Christmas Tags die.  The tags were cut from fun foam, and the small embellishment pieces were all cut from white cardstock and colored with markers -- except for the snowflakes, which were cut from silver paper.


To make adhering the small embellishment pieces easier, I ran them through my Xyron X sticker maker . . .


. . . then I constructed the tags.


Using the second largest Double-Stitched Circle die, I cut three colored circles, and using the second largest Nested Stitched Scallop Circle die, I cut three white circles.


All I had to do then was construct the circles, add foam dots to the undersides and adhere the tags.



I wanted to show that you can use dies for something other than their original purpose.  CottageCutz dies used on my cards are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchristmastags.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedscallopcircleset.aspx






No comments: