Monday, October 16, 2017

Autumn Blessings

Yesterday one of the challenges on Splitcoaststampers was entitled "Textures of Fall."  I was inspired by that challenge to make my CottageCutz card for today.  It combines all kinds of textures and texture techniques -- embossing, layering, sponging.


I started my card with the Pine Cone Branch die. Originally, I was going to cut it from white cardstock and color the various elements; but I decided that I wanted a bit more "texture."  So I cut it from both green and tan cardstock.  I thought that building up the pine sprigs (the green onto the tan) would give some more depth to them.


I then sponged Ranger Pine Needle ink onto the green die-cut and Vintage Photo ink on the tan one.


Then I cut the pine sprigs off the green die cut and glued them to the tan one . . .


. . . and added the additional pinecones and pine sprigs.


Once the tedious part was complete, I cut my cardstock.  

Dark Gold - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Cream - 4" x 5 1/4"
Scrap of Dark Gold large enough for the focal panel


I have a Darice embossing folder of fall foliage.  I took some Ranger Distress ink (Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo) and rubbed various parts of the embossing folder.


When I embossed the cream cardstock, the ink gave the embossing some nice fall coloring, and then I cut the focal panel with the largest Rounded Rectangle die.


I constructed my card base, using Scor-Tape to hold down the embossed panel and large foam pop dots to add the rectangle.  I had stamped the word "Autumn" in the Pine Needle ink at the lower right-hand corner of the dark gold panel and die-cut the word "blessings" using one of the Expressions Plus dies.





I then added my constructed pine bough, and my card was finished.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpineconebranch4x6.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzroundedrectanglesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplusblessingsphrase.aspx


Don't forget that CottageCutz has lots of new Halloween and Christmas dies on their website.  Be sure to check them out!

1 comment:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Tedious, maybe, but oh so lovely!! Putting the extra effort makes all the difference, mf!!