Saturday, September 5, 2009

Twilight Find at Barnes & Noble

My friend Rosemary and I went to the movies last night. We saw "The Time Traveler's Wife," which we enjoyed quite a lot. We had arrived at the mall about 45 minutes early; so, after we bought our tickets, we wandered over to Barnes and Noble to see if they had any new Twilight stuff. Lo and behold, in among the books, calendars, key chains, etc., etc., what did we find? Rubber stamps!!! Who would have thought? Fortunately, there were two sets sitting on the counter. It might have gotten ugly if there had only been one set left. LOL!!!

When I got home, I naturally had to play with them. There are two other Twilight fans in my office -- one a Team Jacob (as am I) and the other a Team Edward. Not to play favorites, I made a card for each of them.


The background of the Team Jacob card is from Innovative Stamp Creations, which I colored with Prismacolor and Copic markers. I stamped Jacob, the wolf paw and the Twilight with Memento Rich Cocoa. The DP on the Team Edward card is some Deja Views paper I had left over from another Twilight project -- the colors are perfect. Edward is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black; the Team Edward, Cullen banner and Twilight are stamped in Versafine Black Onyx and embossed with Clear ep. The small photo corners and mat are SU Real Red.

If you're a Twilight fan, you should check out Twilight Tuesday. These cards are for their Challenge #45.
----
* Stamps - Twilight from NECA
* Paper - Close to Cocoa, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Basic Black, GP White, Deja Views DP
* Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black, Versafine Black Onyx
* Accessories - Prismacolor and Copic markers, Nestabilities, Circle punches, EK Success Photo corner punch, Pop dots, Clear ep

6 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

well....aren't you just the luckiest stamper to find these stamps....I am afraid to say I know nothing about Twilight, but I can tell you were excited......am I out of the loop or what????

Stacy Morgan said...

Okay all you *twilightes* have lost it. bawhahaha I am sure that Michelle is going to head right on over to BN to get herself a set also. hee hee Great cards even if I am not a fan. They did a great job with the images.

Jennie M said...

Awesome!! I love these cards!! Thanks so much for sharing...I think I will be heading to B&N to check these out!!

Amaris said...

WOW.! Great find... Hope to get some new Twilight stuff from Barnes & Noble.

Jennifer said...

I have to have these. You are so lucky. Love your cards. How much were they, if I could ask.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, look at these beautiful cards! They're fantastic! Thank you SOOOOO much for playing along with us at Twilight Tuesday.com, and for mentioning us as well. We REALLY appreciate that! :)