Friday, September 4, 2009

Stampin'B's Challenge #22 - Shades of Brown

Vicky’s challenge to make a card using Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, and any neutral came at the right time for me. My older son’s birthday was coming up, and I needed to make a birthday card for him. I chose the larger grandfather clock from Gina K. Designs’ set A Special Father for my main image.

I stamped it in Palette Burnt Umber and colored it with Prismacolor and Copic markers. After sponging around the edges with Creamy Caramel, I matted the image in Chocolate Chip. The background was created by stamping a pocket watch image by Inkadinkadoo in Whisper White onto Close to Cocoa cardstock and embossing it. I added the wide satin caramel-colored ribbon and chocolate-colored grosgrain ribbon.

Inside the card is a Target gift card, tucked into a little pocket I created using Close to Cocoa and Very Vanilla – stamped with a greeting and another smaller pocketwatch. That small pocketwatch is actually part of a collage stamp by Inkadinkadoo. I just colored the watch portion with a brown marker and stamped it on the panel.
-----------
* Stamps - A Special Father by Gina K. Designs, larger pocket watch and Collage by Inkadinkadoo, single Happy Birthday sentiment by Hero Arts, longer sentiment - Birthday Basics by PaperTrey Ink
* Paper - Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
* Ink - Whisper White, Palette Burnt Umber
* Accessories - White ep, Prismacolor and Copic markers, Ribbon, Stipple brush, Gift card

3 comments:

ButterflyEars said...

Hi Lois, since I didn't comment on the inside of your card on the gallery I thought I would do so here. lol
I love the way you put a pocket in for a gift card. The stamp set that you used for this card is awesome.
Have a terrific holiday weekend.
Hugs, Nicole

Joanne (jojot) said...

What a fabulous card/gift holder you've created...handsome and so masculine.....a fab and practical creation

Vicky Gould said...

Fabulous masculine card; fabulous gift holder. You aced this challenge, Lois!